This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 30, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our Trust & Safety team’s commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community. As a Child Safety Operation Specialist within the Trust & Safety Team, you’ll be part of a global team that ensures the timely detection and removal of content across the broad spectrum of online child endangerment, such as child sexual abuse and exploitation. Through close partnerships with Legal, Policy, and Product & Process teams, you will manage global time-sensitive escalations, and child endangerment incidents to protect our online community.
You will also work closely with internal teams to create and streamline business and operational processes, develop detailed documentation and process diagrams, and increase our overall operational efficiency to ensure our products are free of any violative content. The team is seeking a candidate with a strong work ethic, excellent judgment, exceptional partnering skills and a passion for protecting children. Note: This position will include reviewing content and writing policies for some materials that may be offensive or sensitive to some people.
What will I be doing?
– Demonstrate operational excellence on a team that evaluates risk, threats, and user safety in time-critical escalations.
– Be aware of and willing to operate in a work environment with sensitive content that includes child sexual abuse and exploitation, and other content that may be considered offensive or disturbing.
– Review user escalations related to the most vulnerable in our community.
– Review and assess inbound escalations from Law Enforcement and other teams.
– Execute instant decision-making while analyzing a variety of factors that include imminence of danger, sensitivities, and graphic content and coordinate with a number of internal and external partners including law enforcement in an attempt to ensure user’s safety.
– Availability to work on weekends on a rotational basis or a regular schedule of either Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday.
– At least 3 years hands on experience from either an Investigative or Trust and Safety Analytical role.
– Experience in reviewing or being exposed to sensitive content and a deep understanding of removal workflow calibrations and escalations management.
– Experience in working on Trust and Safety issues or similar related field of work, and types of online abuse.
– English proficiency is required along with complete fluency in Vietnamese as you will be predominantly covering the Vietnamese speaking markets; review and translation will be required (written & verbal).
– Proven ability to analyze information, to assess threat and risks in a safe environment.
– Proven ability to make important decisions independently and multi-task under pressure, responding quickly to changing situations in complex environments without compromising quality
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to suit different stakeholders like cross-functional teams and law enforcement partners.
– Demonstrate good analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
– Passionate about protecting children.
– Experience with Crisis Management, Government Agencies or Law Enforcement would be advantageous.
– Knowledge of child safety policies and/or legislation.
– Experience with social media, analytical tools, and online research.
– Proficiency in another Asian language besides English and Vietnamese.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.