This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 23, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications. As a member of our Policy Implementation Management (PIM) team within Trust & Safety, you will serve as the knowledge management expert for the Bay hub. Managing a massive global rapidly-evolving online community requires thousands of policies, protocols, and procedures which leads to a proliferation of documentation in multiple languages. But we are only as effective as the knowledge which we have accessible to us. In this role, you will be part of a global Trust & Safety organization, helping lead our efforts to ensure that our knowledge is accessible, up-to-date and that we are making the most of what we have. You will do this by formulating a knowledge management strategy, handling T&S Product Policy knowledge management operations, serving as a knowledge resource for members of the team, and influencing change in the organization by contributing to building a shared mindset and understanding of knowledge management. A Knowledge Management expert should be able to build collaborative environments, transform organizations into rapid-learning environments, develop innovative ways of doing knowledge mapping and create a proper Knowledge Management vision for their company, including a strategy for getting there.
What will I be doing?
– You will work cross-functionally to drive knowledge management strategy by identifying gaps and improvements related to our knowledge base, tooling, and documentation
– You shall develop protocols, manage permissions, and own internal controls to ensure appropriate access to sensitive information
– You’ll work with product/feature teams to create solutions/tooling for Knowledge Management initiatives (e.g., complementary products to our Wiki, recommendations to support moderation knowledge management systems)
– You’ll ensure Policy Knowledge Management systems can efficiently and effectively get information to moderation teams
– You’ll collaborate cross-functionally to align systems with Implementation, Training, Engineering, and other key stakeholders
– You’ll partner with the Training and Moderation teams to make effective use of our knowledge practices and host knowledge-sharing events
– You’ll communicate knowledge management initiatives and facilitate feedback collection dialogues and exercises
– You’ll devise rubrics and mechanisms for measuring the effectiveness of knowledge management initiatives, and implement them
– Know where knowledge is located and be responsible for connecting people to the appropriate resources and ensuring all key knowledge is up to date (e.g., Wikis)
– Interact and collaborate with appropriate Subject Matter Experts from various departments to maintain accurate, globally consistent information and content
– Manage the format and language of knowledge to accommodate the global nature of our work
– Align T&S policy team needs to consistent knowledge management processes and requirements
– You’ll stay up to date with internal policy changes and global trends on TikTok
– Bachelor’s degree with equivalent 5+ years of practical experience
– You have excellent writing, interpersonal, and oral communication skills with a proven ability to write, edit, and organize thoughts in a clear concise, and well-organized manner
– You have experience with process design and efficient information architecture
– Experience with Knowledge Base Management, databases, wikis, etc.
– Proven project management, and prioritization skills
– You have strong problem solving and analytical skills with a solutions-oriented approach
– You have the ability to adapt to business needs and work in a fast-paced environment
– You have the ability to see things from a strategic perspective, and formulate project plans that tie back to organizational and team objectives
– You have the ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment
– Experience in a fast-growing tech company
– Experience managing the storage and retrieval of substantial amounts of information
– Working experience with international partners