This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 23, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We’re looking for a Trust and Safety Lead based in London, UK to join our global team. This people management role requires a skilled and unflappable decision maker who has a passion for developing safety workflows and partnerships in order to improve the experience for Snapchatters everywhere. You’ll become a subject matter authority in multiple domains by owning projects from beginning to finish and facilitating cross-team communication with the Legal, Customer Operations, Global Safety Partners, and Engineering teams to help keep Snapchatters safe.
Due to the nature of Trust & Safety work, you should be willing and able to work with sensitive issues and content that may be considered offensive or disturbing. Our team has carefully devised measures and support in place to ensure wellness for all our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and guidance for growing regional team of T&S specialists
- Enhance our operational workflows by identifying focus areas and implementing improvements
- Liaise with our global safety partners and further strengthen those relationships
- Use data to influence decisions and highlight emerging issues impacting users
- Anticipate risks, manage escalations and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Deliver key projects within the Safety roadmap, incorporating execution, training, data assessment and presentation of results to stakeholders
- Regularly identify opportunities to enhance internal processes and improve efficiency, while driving longer-term scalable automated solutions
- Support offshore leadership and workforce development in our global vendor sites
- Closely follow industry trends to help develop Snap’s thought leadership and T&S operation
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Experience reviewing sensitive content with a meticulous attention to detail
- A proven track record of identifying gaps and implementing new processes
- Prior experience interacting with NCMEC or law enforcement
- Great judgment in complex situations and ability to problem-solve, both independently and with peers or management
- Willingness to work within the content moderation field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to launch tools and solutions that improve trust across a platform or product
- Prior experience managing multiple projects end to end
- Extensive experience in the online safety field
- Proven leadership capacity with the ability to attract, motivate, develop and retain talent
- Strong analytical skills, including working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business insights
- A passion for Snapchat, online safety, and creativity!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience