This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 14, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Tandem is the leading global language learning community, where 18 million members in over 180 countries practice languages together. The concept of learning from each other is not only an integral part of the Tandem community but it is also at the heart of our everyday lives at Tandem. This shared connection through learning helps us to grow and enhances the language journeys of our members.
We are based in Berlin and are backed by top European investors. We are highly international and driven by a shared passion for languages, technology, and culture. Together, we are on a mission to build a product that not only teaches a new skill but also encoureges meaningful cross-cultural conversations.
Your work improving Trust & Safety for Tandem is pivotal to member retention, revenue and Tandem’s mission to connect the world through languages. You will collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team to improve and develop product features as well as driving changes to community policies and processes with support from a Product Manager, Community Manager and team of moderators. You will be reporting directly to the CEO.
Your role will be to:
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Community Manager to build the community operations strategy ensuring the Tandem community is safe from bad actors and our members have the best language exchange experience possible!
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of frontend, backend, data and machine learning engineers to iterate on existing safety features (both internal and member-facing) as well as discover, prioritize and deliver new features that support company and community OKRs.
- Manage, train and develop a Community Manager to whom a team of 8 freelance community moderators report.
- Assist the Community Manager in implementing moderation processes.
- Analyze wide-spanning in-app data and member behaviours to inform decisions often requiring fast action.
- Handle responses and take action on escalated cases that are business/brand critical.
- Devise community policies that are relevant to Tandem’s global and diverse community.
- Understand and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in common scams and frauds within the industry and the strategies and tools to combat bad actors.
- Present insights from the community, KPIs, and product updates to the leadership team and wider company.
- Crisis management involving outages or widespread bugs.
You are the right fit for the role if you:
- Are passionate about languages and their role in building bridges between cultures
- Have 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience working with large communities within trust & safety for dating, social or gaming apps.
- Familiarity with community management or customer care is a plus!
- Excited to hit the ground running and capable of managing a diverse range of wide-spanning projects from start to finish and collaborating smoothly across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Have good analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations to drive action
- Are a native or near-native English speaker with excellent written skills
- Are perceptive, resilient and have a positive mindset and attitude
- Have a high level of maturity to handle sensitive topics, sometimes of an explicit nature.
To apply for this job please visit www.tandem.net.