This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 14 years of experience in technology compliance and audit practice.
- 2 years of experience in people management, leading teams in risk management, and regulatory compliance.
- Experience navigating sensitive areas, such as Financial Services and Health.
- Experience in public services.
- Knowledge of antitrust compliance, transparency regulations, tech regulatory landscape and advocacy.
- Ability to solve large unstructured business problems, working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product, Legal, and Public Relations.
- Ability to articulate complex policy concepts for technical products through excellent communication skills.
About the job
The Trust & Safety (T&S) Play and Android team protects the Google Play ecosystem by fighting spam, fraud, abuse, and protecting user privacy. We ensure policy compliance for Google’s expanding base of developers, advertisers, publishers, and users. We partner with teams across Google to deliver solutions in abuse areas such as app content abuse and developer abuse.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Develop and implement trust and transparency charter for Google Play and Android.
- Build industry-wide awareness and recognition of Android and Google Play user safety and ecosystem transparency efforts through collaboration with cross-functional Google teams.
- Build systems and operational workflows to meet the demands of regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Lead market research and assessment to ensure that Google Play and Android policies/processes remain defensible.
- Improve current practices and methods to enhance user trust and ecosystem transparency.