This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 22, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the role
As Head of Engineering, you will own and be responsible for the development, implementation, performance and safety of Twincler’s tech for content safety, counter-abuse and account trust that helps protect billions of users. If you want to build a high-class engineering team as well as new features hands-on, this is the place to be. You will collaborate with technical and non-technical roles, constantly evaluate our systems and tech stack, proactively identify and suggest opportunities for safety and improvement and guide Twincler’s executives to informed decisions.
- Build and lead a high-class engineering team with the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to technical and non-technical roles
- Research, design, architect, prototype, build and help implement safe and scalable features for big data pipelines
- Continuously evaluate Twincler’s technology and systems and proactively suggest improvements
- Collaborate and work closely with Product, Customer Success and non-technical roles and guide Twincler’s executives to informed decisions.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a large-scale industry setting in search, UX, recommendation or ranking systems or adjacent domains
- Strong practical understanding of how to design, build and implement high-performance distributed systems and safe data pipelines at scale
- C/C++, Rust, Java, Python or equivalent object oriented languages
- Demonstrated technical leadership of engineering and product teams
- Strong ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical roles, leadership in product and business functions and executives
- Understanding of restful API design
- Experience in building safe big data pipelines
- Ability to manage up and to support the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be continuously curious about the output and impact of the technology we build
Twincler is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We embrace diversity and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Twincler prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
According to Harvard Business Review, men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements stated in the job description. Yet, women tend to apply if they meet every single criteria. If you’re passionate about our mission and believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including talents with diverse academic backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the startup business, returning to work after recalibrating what’s important to you in your life, family time, or taking the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar. Please be prepared in the interview to tell us about your interest in Twincler and what you hope to bring to this role.
To apply for this job please visit www.twincler.com.