This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 10, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At TikTok, we’re committed to a process of continuous innovation and improvement in our user experience and safety controls. We’re proud to be able to serve a global community of more than a billion people who use TikTok to creatively express themselves and be entertained, and we’re dedicated to giving them a platform that builds opportunity and fosters connection. We also take our responsibility to safeguard our community seriously, both in how we address potentially harmful content and how we protect against unauthorized access to user data. U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone department of TikTok in the U.S. This new security-first division was created to bring heightened focus and governance to our data protection policies and content assurance protocols to keep U.S. users safe.
Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S., so millions of Americans can continue turning to TikTok to learn something new, earn a living, express themselves creatively, or be entertained. The teams within USDS that deliver on this commitment daily span Trust & Safety, Security & Privacy, Engineering, User & Product Ops, Corporate Functions and more. As the Head of Enforcement Operations, Trust & Safety – USDS, you will be responsible for managing the core moderation operations teams of the USDS Trust & Safety Department. You will oversee the Centers of Excellence (CoE), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Partnership Management team, and the line of business (known as Workflow Management) teams.
– Set the strategic direction of CoE operations, building and leading high functioning moderation teams with a focus on quality and efficiency, driving innovation by identifying and leveraging emerging technologies and best practices to scale operations
– Scale the human moderation processes with the Line of Business team to develop and implement new policy rollouts, product feature and strategy launches, and workflow optimization projects. Work with cross-functional team members to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify or address potential setbacks
– Enable a cost-effective and scalable US moderation operation through the development of a high performing BPO moderation network
– Stay ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing business environment, by developing and implementing innovative solutions that can drive growth, improve efficiency, and enhance platform safety
– Drive OKR development and roadmap planning for your organization and articulate your goals and progress to senior leadership
– Own KPIs and SLA adherence across multiple workflows, identifying and predicting risks, and effectively communicating them through in-depth reporting. Control and improve day-to-day operations against operational KPIs and manage team performance through automation, tooling, process, or policy changes
– Identify risk within the Enforcement Operations team and make data driven recommendations for improving moderation processes, strengthening user trust, and providing a better user experience
– Partner with Safety Product to drive tooling innovations to improve moderation productivity and accuracy
– Lead the postmortem process when grave incidents occur within moderation, and communicate the findings to key stakeholders across the team and organization
– Engage and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional partners, stakeholders, and external vendors
– Prioritize effectively to ensure that the team is focused on long term goals by striking a balance between new initiatives vs. core responsibilities
– Develop expert understanding of TikTok’s policies, procedures, app features, and content moderation operational processes
– Coach, mentor, and develop each member of the team to further their growth within the organization
– Bachelor’s degree or higher
– 8+ years of direct people management experience and a strong commitment to developing talent
– 5+ years of senior leadership in a Trust & Safety or Support Operations organization overseeing large-scale teams
– Experience working with a scaled BPO network and working with BPO leadership
– Safety first mindset with an emphasis on proactive risk detection and mitigation
– Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional partners in Policy, Training, Quality Assurance, Data/Analytics, and Product
– Successfully led a cost-effective and high-performing Trust & Safety or Support Operations operation – Proven ability to formalize complex ideas and analytical findings into well defined logic and actionable recommendations
– Proficiency in establishing and driving a metrics-driven organization that delivers measurable impact
– Exceptional soft skills with a proven ability to effectively communicate through various mediums, including written and verbal communication, as well as visualizations, at all levels of the organization
– Quick-thinker, fast learner with a great work ethic
– Experience managing remote team members
– Experience building products and processes for Trust & Safety
– Experience working with international partners in different time zones
– Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to leverage analytical tools, including SQL, Tableau, and DataPower, to drive data-informed strategies
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.