This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working in Web-Research, Risk and Fraud Detection, Numerical Analysis, or Search Engine Optimization.
- Experience in analytics tools and/or data analysis (e.g., SQL or Python).
- Experience in a leadership role on an investigative team.
- Experience in analyzing data sets using up-to-date tools.
- Experience in leading cross-functional projects across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in developing detailed operational processes from scratch.
- Ability to develop expertise in multiple product areas and simultaneously balance workload.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to navigate and influence cross-team stakeholders, with strong mentorship skills.
About the job
As the Global Lead, you will develop and manage cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product, Legal, and Operations teams in an effort to improve processes for identifying and resolving policy and quality issues on Google Search.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Manage and lead a team of managers and analysts working across Google Search to protect users from abuse, inappropriate content, and fraud through investigation, prevention, and removal of quality issues.
- Lead projects and cross-functional initiatives within Google, interacting with executive stakeholders from Engineering, Legal, and Product teams.
- Provide strategy for projects and deliverables for the team. Mentor and help the team to achieve goals and support growth and development.
- Work across user issues in search results that prevent user harm. Occasionally review or be exposed to sensitive content.
- Build and train a team of strategists focused on the creator pillar and invest in preventing user harm.