This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 8, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications.
The Global Issue Owner is a part of the Trust & Safety team that is dedicated to building a safe environment for users to discover and create on our content platform. As Global Issue Owner for Minor Safety, you are responsible for ensuring that minors have a safe and enriching experience on TikTok and ensuring the community is one that sparks joy and creativity. You’ll work closely with several teams such as Engineering, Global Response, Public Relations, Legal, Public Policy, Outreach and Partnerships to develop the feature strategy, manage escalations and provide insights and strategic advise on enforcement, training and policy.
What will I be doing?
• Work closely with cross-functional partners (content policy, product, data analytics, operations, engineering, algorithm) to ensure safety of minors in our products.
• Champion community well-being and user safety through optimization of product safety features and product strategy.
• Provide foresight into various vulnerabilities in scenarios such as video, comments, follow/like, accounts, etc. through qualitative and quantitative approaches.
• Play a key role as minor safety expert representing TikTok at industry level collaboration in Technology Coalition and other forums.
• Manage the performance and goals of a team, driving the issue roadmap and taking responsibility for key issue metrics.
• Remain up-to-date on industry trends and emerging issues in the trust and safety space and design process or product solutions.
What should I bring with me:
• 12+ years of total working experience with 5+ years in trust and safety.
• Expertise and experience working on several Trust and Safety related issues that occur in content creation/digital entertainment platforms – with a specific focus on minor(child) safety.
• Experience with managing and coordinating large scale projects or products, working closely with engineering and design teams as well as other partner teams to guarantee effective execution of product plans.
• Experience managing a team and mentoring them towards success.
• Highly up-to-date and in tune with emerging online safety issues, with keen intuition on creating solutions and preventive measures for tackling them.
• Highly data-sensitive, capable of in-depth data interpretation; a plus if can work with SQL.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.