Website protego_api Protego
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 17, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Protego is a small, seed-stage startup in New York City. We’re backed by Thrive Capital, Sound Ventures, Neo, Elad Gil, Common Sense Growth, Scott Forstall and a group of world-class founders and operators from Meta, Stripe, Figma, Notion, Webflow, Dropbox, Retool, Opendoor, Peloton and more.
Protecting users from harm on the Internet is one of the most critical problems of our time, and we need bold, innovative solutions to address it. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the Internet. We hope you’ll join us.
Why we’re looking for you
We need thoughtful, creative, and rigorous engineers to join a fast-paced, high-impact team. We’re looking for engineers who want to help build our core product suite and own some of the company’s – and the world’s – highest priority problems across tech stacks.
- Scope, design, and implement high-performance APIs and backend services
- Hide complexity from our users behind simple yet powerful abstractions – both user-facing and developer-facing
- Build scalable, reliable infrastructure to handle terabytes of data and unlock new customer opportunities
- Influence the technical and product directions of Protego’s roadmap
- Make thoughtful trade-offs that consider business priorities, user needs, and a sustainable technical foundation
- 3+ years experience in full-stack engineering, preferably in Node.js, TypeScript, React, and SQL
- Deep alignment with our mission of building a safer Internet
- Experience leading projects from initial design to launch
- Experience with large-scale, distributed systems is a plus
- Experience building containerized applications with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- A customer-first mindset in everything you build
- An orientation towards impact — on their own projects, throughout Protego, and across the world
- A high standard, for yourself and others, when working with production systems
- Open communication skills — ask questions, assume good intentions, and default to transparency
- Rigor and empathy that help you thrive in a collaborative and high-performance environment
- Pride in owning projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- The ability to balance speed, complexity, and scope in service of user needs
To apply for this job please visit protego.notion.site.