This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 10, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our user’s funds and ensuring the integrity of Gemini’s digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Associate, Trust & Safety
Gemini’s Trust & Safety team is looking for a fraud associate to contribute to Gemini’s efforts in preventing fraud. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. Gemini is looking for a passionate associate who will work directly with Gemini customers in order to investigate and resolve fraud and abuse. This includes assisting customers with scams, ATOs,
onboarding issues, transaction errors, and timely account security escalations.
- Respond to risk-related customer issues of varying levels of complexity, primarily via email
- Investigate and review suspicious customers’ activities, including at Onboarding, in response to internal and external escalations
- View fraud issues from a customer perspective and drive operational enhancements for our customers
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve fraud processes, reduce customer support volumes, and drive changes while ensuring high precision and low good user impact
- Prepare ad-hoc fraud reports regarding suspicious activity, incidents, and key measurements of the fraud program
- Cross functional Collaboration
- Coordinate with key stakeholders within Trust & Safety, Identity, and Compliance to further improve fraud detection
- Collaborate with Customer Support to improve operational processes
- Directly participate in and provide necessary support for special projects and initiatives as assigned
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 2-3 years of financial Risk, Fraud, or Compliance Customer Support and investigations
- Great verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude – willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question one’s own assumptions
- This role may require an on-call rotation
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker etc.) is a huge plus
- Familiarity with database querying languages such as SQL
- Spanish language reading and writing proficiency a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.gemini.com.