This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on July 11, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord’s communities is Safety. The Safety team at Discord ensures users find belonging by minimizing exposure to spam and other forms of platform abuse. We are excited to find others passionate about making sure Discord is a safe and welcoming place for our users and hope you can join us on this mission.
As an Exploitative Content Lead, you will report to the Director of Trust and Safety and you will have a meaningful understanding of the abuse space while managing a team of dedicated specialists.
What you’ll be doing
- Protect and serve our communities by managing and scaling our Exploitative Content team
- Utilize deep subject matter expertise and quantitative and qualitative methods to identify gaps across teams, develop root cause analyses, and enact continuous improvements in response to changing circumstances
- Oversee sensitive projects from initial conception through implementation across multiple areas
- Work with Policy, Product, Engineering, and Trust & Safety teams in the development of operational policies, tools, and solutions
- Collaborate with external partners to represent the Trust & Safety organization
- Communicate and present to leadership on important initiatives and metrics for your team
What you should have
- 4+ years work experience with building and leading teams, and experience in user safety and/or integrity
- Strong people management skills––you’re passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to developing your direct reports, and are excited to grow a world-class organization
- Analytical backbone––you eagerly gather and present data to inform decisions and the ongoing tracking of success metrics
- Strategic problem solving––you’re excited to find opportunities for improvement, and you’re motivated to lead initiatives from start to finish
- Strong stakeholder management skills––you know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams, including improving processes you don’t directly own
- Comfort with ambiguity––in ever-evolving situations, you approach initiatives with positivity and lead your team successfully through their completion
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Six Sigma Certification
- Familiarity with Discord
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $130,000/year + equity and benefits*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $104,000/year + equity and benefits*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!