This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 30, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Team TikTok is the world’s premier destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. The US Trust and Safety Policy Team works to proactively identify safety risks on platform and codify policies to ensure our users are safe while using our platform and also have the freedom to express themselves authentically. Our Escalation Specialists are responsible for managing escalations surrounding TikTok’s Community Guidelines for the U.S. and Canada, while seeking to mitigate risks related to issues involving enforcement of our policies.
– Interpret and enforce TikTok’s Community Guidelines and policies.
– Review, investigate, and process reported escalations and respond to sensitive partner inquiries with high quality, accuracy, and speed across multiple channels for TikTok (e.g., escalated user issues, business and partner inquiries, regulatory requests, etc.).
– Investigate, troubleshoot, and drive escalations to resolution, and communicate to cross-functional partners when appropriate throughout the whole process.
– Be comfortable dealing with high pressure escalations, ambiguity and grey areas, and collaborating with subject matter experts to quickly resolve issues.
– Remain up-to-date on key workflow changes and policy updates.
– Utilize data and systems to help the team analyze trends and deliver insights to define goals and deliver process improvements.
– Be willing and able to work with sensitive issues and content that includes but is not limited to child exploitation, graphic violence, self-injury, suicide which may be considered offensive or disturbing.
– 3+ years of experience in online investigations, analysis, escalations, or operations, content policy, project management, or equivalent relevant experience
– Experience driving high-priority issues through process of resolution
– Ability to work independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
– Analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
– Strong reporting skills; accuracy and acute attention to detail
– Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities while working seamlessly across teams
– Comfort communicating with a variety of audiences
– Flexible with global working hours and weekend availability
– Online investigations expertise in one topic area of TikTok’s Community Guidelines
– Deep knowledge of the TikTok platform and culture
– Knowledge of social media challenges and sensitivity to safety, regulatory, or compliance issues
– Experience with analytical tools (like Excel or SQL)