This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What’s so interesting about this role?
The Escalations Team, within Grindr’s Customer Experience department, is dedicated to investigating and resolving issues related to moderation, policy enforcement, fraud, safety, and other sensitive and complex scenarios on Grindr’s platform. As a member of this team, you will directly engage with our community, as well as a wide range of internal stakeholders, helping to ensure fair outcomes and reduce risk.
If you’re experienced with Trust and Safety and enjoy solving problems, investigating issues, and feel energized by helping others, this role will give you plenty of opportunities to significantly contribute to Grindr’s mission of being a safe and welcoming space for LGBTQ users around the world to find love and connection.
What’s the job?
- Act as the main escalation point for our frontline support and moderation teams as well as employees in other departments
- Conduct thorough investigations and review content including profiles, photos, audio, video, and messages
- Troubleshoot, and resolve complex and sensitive user issues related to fraud, privacy, user safety, and other risks
- Craft sensitive and empathetic responses via email, social media and app reviews
- Perform investigations using SQL queries and other data-digging methods
- Work with cross-functional partners to identify solutions and mitigate risks
- Enforce Grindr’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines to protect our ecosystem from fraud, support our users, and help improve the user experience
What we’ll love about you
- A high degree of ownership and confidentiality. You’ll help customers with difficult, high-pressure, and sensitive situations (such as graphic content, hate speech, and potential safety issues), and you understand what information is and is not appropriate to share in each of these varying scenarios. You take pride in your ability to de-escalate even the trickiest of issues and advocate for someone when they need help.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. You’re flexible and feel comfortable in a variety of scenarios: helping a customer, escalating potential issues to senior management, responding to an executive’s request, or collaborating cross-functionally with a global team. You can summarize complex cases quickly and adjust your communication style based on your audience.
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills. You have extensive experience fairly moderating user-generated content as well as user-to-user communications, and can recognize and account for your own bias. You can tolerate ambiguity, but recognize when a decision needs to be made. You are able to see the potential for fraud or abuse in any situation, but are not quick to judge.
- A passion for helping others. You are energized by helping others. You enjoy righting wrongs and finding solutions. You have several years of experience in the Trust and Safety space, and enjoy the work – even when it’s difficult. You are resilient and unflappable, and can be a calming and supportive presence for others. You have a strong sense of justice and fairness. You’re a strong advocate for the LGBTQ community
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Prior experience working for Trust and Safety at a dating app or social media platform.
- Certification or training in Trust and Safety, Fraud mitigation, Cybersecurity, or similar field.
- Experience working in a remote or hybrid team environment.
- A deep understanding of the LGBTQ community.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English, especially Spanish or Portuguese.
- Experience using Zendesk, Confluence, Slack, and a variety of content moderation tools.