This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The US Trust and Safety Policy Team works to proactively identify safety risks on platform and codify policies to ensure our users are safe while using our platform and also have the freedom to express themselves authentically. Sitting within Policy & Platform Integrity, Escalation Managers deliver user safety solutions during crises while mitigating serious risks to the community and company. They think strategically about risk while probing into the details of fast-moving situations under significant stakeholder scrutiny. They leverage subject matter expertise to manage crisis situations that require cross-functional coordination, conduct complex problem solving related to policy and risk mitigation, and draft reports under tight deadlines that provide critical support to the articulation of our policy priorities and overall safety narrative externally.
We are seeking a subject matter expert with expertise in one or more of these highly sensitive policy areas: Illegal Activities & Regulated Goods (IARG), Violent & Graphic Content (VGC), and Suicide, Self harm, & Dangerous Acts (SSHDA). This role will specialize in policy risk and rapid response to these issues, and will require a nuanced understanding in order to work with cross-functional partners. A successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of how these policy areas impact platforms so that they can effectively anticipate, prevent and triage incidents as they arise. Please note: While subject matter expertise in at least one of these areas is required, a competitive candidate would be willing to develop the expertise required to work across all three policy areas. This position can be based in Los Angeles, Mountain View, Washington DC, New York.
Investigate, analyze, and drive our most sensitive and complex policy escalations to resolution in real-time, while communicating developments to cross-functional partners including Communications and Public Policy.
– Assess content and quickly make policy determinations on escalations involving Illegal Activities & Regulated Goods (IARG), Violent & Graphic Content (VGC), and Suicide, Self harm, & Dangerous Acts (SSHDA), in coordination with the Policy development teams.
– Work closely with Policy development team to identify and resolve policy gaps.
– Analyze escalation trends to identify and implement improvements to critical risk mitigation processes, as well as policy and product development.
– Be willing and able to work with sensitive issues and content that includes but is not limited to child exploitation, graphic violence, self-injury, or suicide, which may be considered offensive or disturbing.
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; master’s degree a plus
– 3-5 years of professional experience in industry, government, communications, academia, civic society, or equivalent relevant experience with a particular focus on one or more of the following: illegal and regulated goods (ie., firearms, alcohol, drugs, tobacco), illegal trade (ie., ponzi schemes, scams, counterfeits), and/or issues involving mental health, such as suicide and self harm such as eating disorders.
– Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, identify trade-offs, and make grounded decisions in complex and high-pressure situations
– Ability to communicate complex concepts to broader stakeholders without shared subject matter expertise – Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy and thorough operational experience
– Demonstrated critical thinking skills and interest in ethics and policy
– Highly organized with experience prioritizing multiple functions and tasks while managing time efficiently without compromising quality
– Experience working independently with impeccable judgment
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Proficiency in data analytics tools, such as Excel and SQL
– Deep knowledge of online threats and how policy develops in new media, technology, entertainment, or related fields
– Experience working on a global team
– Communications experience
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.