This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in project and process management in the technology industry or a related field.
- Experience working with analytical tools and/or data analysis (e.g., SQL, Business Intelligence/dashboards, MapReduce).
- Ability to work nonstandard working hours/work on a rotating basis, including on weekends.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, or customer support operations and in coding (e.g. Python)/statistical analysis (e.g. R).
- Knowledge of international and geopolitical events and how they may impact a global company.
- Ability to work through ambiguity, thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and to function well in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to review sensitive content as it relates to escalation management.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams (e.g., with stakeholders and executives).
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As an Escalation Analyst on the Search team, you will protect Google and its users by addressing abuse on a wide range of Search features. You ensure trust and reputation not only for Search, but also for Google as a broader brand and company. You will work globally and cross-functionally with multiple internal stakeholders through relationship building, influencing, and communication.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Preform on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis, including weekend coverage, and make consistent policy decisions and implement timely fixes, often under pressure.
- Ensure trust and reputation not only for Search, but also for Google as a broader brand and company, by fighting abuse and badness on a wide range of Search features.
- Analyze data on past escalations to drive process, product, and policy improvements, and manage policy escalations processes across Search, News, and Assistant.
- Analyze market trends, set forward-looking strategy, and implement scaled solutions to solve user safety and quality issues, to ensure a high-quality user experience across Search products.
- Develop and manage cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Product, Legal and Operations teams in a multifaceted effort to improve our processes for identifying and resolving policy and quality issues on Search.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.