This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 26, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. We are looking for someone who can consistently apply our guidelines with reference to nuanced and context-dependent policies in an evolving environment. As a Safety Operations Specialist in APAC, you will be an essential element of Twitch’s Trust & Safety efforts. You will be reporting to a Safety Operations Lead, and will be reviewing content that have been reported. You will make autonomous decisions against challenging issues of a potentially sensitive or business-critical nature.
- Evaluation of content escalated from Tier 1 and 2 Safety Operations Teams because of high levels of complexity, context or investigative requirements. This will involve:
- Make decisions independently when reviewing high volumes of live and active issues regarding Twitch user behaviour
- Mitigate risk of company reputation damage, user safety, legal violation or sensitive information disclosure by application of policies across a large caseload
- Address sensitive content which may be graphic, violent or hateful, include offensive or derogatory language or other potentially distressing material
- Observe and identify gaps in processes and make recommendations for process improvement
- Mentor new team members/peers and train them on relevant policies and tools
- Explore different aspects of Safety Operations work. This may include: training, suspension appeals; content review; event moderation; deep-dive investigations and quality assurance work
- Monitor several information flows simultaneously
- Maintain expert understanding of Twitch’s policies, site features, and internal documentation
- Participate in shift work which can include after-hours and weekends
- Must be proficient in spoken and written Mandarin as well as English (bonus: other APAC languages)
- Sensitivity towards Chinese culture and values and understanding of nuances in APAC region
- 2 years relevant experience, preferably in content moderation, policy, investigations, or online operations environment
- Clear awareness of potential biases or conflicts of interest and ensure these do not affect professional application of responsibilities
- Deep familiarity with Twitch, streaming, internet slang/colloquialisms and internet culture
- Mentally and emotionally resilient to handle offensive or disturbing behaviour, language, and content
- Experience in assessing risk and resolving potentially complex issues; Summarising conclusions and decisions in a concise and simple-to-comprehend manner
- Comfortable working remotely and independently as part of a larger team
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
To apply for this job please visit www.twitch.tv.