This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 20, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
7 years of experience in Public Policy, Government, Politics, International Relations, Information Ecosystems, or other related fields.
- Experience with domestic or international elections.
- JD, MBA, PhD, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams, including with stakeholders and executives. Experience in simplifying and presenting complex concepts to stakeholders.
- Experience with domestic or international elections with an understanding of how they may impact a global company.
- Familiarity with common product abuse vectors and major user policy issues. Familiarity with Google products, services, and technical infrastructure.
- Ability to review or be exposed to sensitive or policy-violative content as part of the core role.
About the job:
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
- Engage with Product Areas and Intel teams to understand the risks and threats to election integrity present on their platforms.
- Ensure operational readiness across the organization for elections and other civic events. Analyze and track local key issues, trends, and narratives.
- Drive leadership and policy innovation to manage new threats to elections around the world, such as voter suppression, misinformation, etc.
- Establish deep, local subject matter expertise in the electoral and political systems in major markets, and the risks to Google platforms. Work closely with key stakeholders to provide a “local lens” understanding of political/societal issues that go beyond headline narratives.
- Develop risk profiles and running exercises such as red teams, tabletops, or other scenario planning work designed to improve Google product and policy readiness for potential abuse.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.