This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 20, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
7 years of experience in Public Policy, Government, Politics, International Relations, Information Ecosystems, or other related fields.
- Experience with domestic or international elections.
- JD, MBA, PhD, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams, including with stakeholders and executives. Experience in simplifying and presenting complex concepts to stakeholders.
- Experience with domestic or international elections with an understanding of how they may impact a global company.
- Familiarity with common product abuse vectors and major user policy issues. Familiarity with Google products, services, and technical infrastructure.
- Ability to review or be exposed to sensitive or policy-violative content as part of the core role.
About the job:
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
- Engage with Product Areas and Intel teams to understand the risks and threats to election integrity present on their platforms.
- Ensure operational readiness across the organization for elections and other civic events. Analyze and track local key issues, trends, and narratives.
- Drive leadership and policy innovation to manage new threats to elections around the world, such as voter suppression, misinformation, etc.
- Establish deep, local subject matter expertise in the electoral and political systems in major markets, and the risks to Google platforms. Work closely with key stakeholders to provide a “local lens” understanding of political/societal issues that go beyond headline narratives.
- Develop risk profiles and running exercises such as red teams, tabletops, or other scenario planning work designed to improve Google product and policy readiness for potential abuse.