This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 12, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Director, Trust and Safety will own a key piece of the company’s long-term business strategy by managing the evolution of audience conversations on our branded community platform. This is a highly collaborative role that will build consensus across teams / departments about what the boundaries are for conversations hosted on TYT owned-and-operated apps.
You’ll love working here because: TYT has been a mission-driven company from its inception, and will always be so; You’ve mastered remote work out of preference, rather than necessity. Our geographically distributed team chose to work remotely before the pandemic, and we haven’t missed a beat.
You’re deeply curious and are intrigued by a business that never stops evolving, always adapting to changes in the business, technical and cultural landscape. There’s a distinct lack of ego on the team; ideas are raised, challenged and refined at all levels of the company, and yours will be part of the mix.
- Research, build and communicate policies that impact broad-reaching issues of safety and expression. onboarding and training processes, and strategy for TYT’s audience-generated content moderation operation.
- Establish key performance measures and goals; set standards for reporting the success of moderation team, both internally and externally.
- Facilitate periodic oversight reviews to continuously improve and tune TYT’s moderation policies and execution.
- Oversee the performance of partner tools, technologies, and processes to support vision and strategy.
- Engage externally with experts and members of the TYT community on matters of safety and guidelines.
- Lead investigations of high-profile and gray area policy issues.
- Advise on areas where commercial advertising and user-generated content intersect.
- Monitor the security and appropriate use of audience-provided personal information and compliance with statutory guidelines.
- 10+ years of experience in training, organizational development and knowledge management for a leading global technology company.
- 3+ years experience with moderation of user generated content, and developing, implementing, maintaining, and communicating community standards.
- Subject matter expertise in the intersections of free speech, consumer privacy, and the law Experience leading corporate-based training within a globally distributed workforce.
- Be able to articulate vision and strategy and execute on plan and roadmap.
- Past experience leading learning and organizational development functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, integrity, and confidence Prior experience with e-learning tools and modalities, including learning and knowledge management systems.
- Expertise in Adult Learning and Instructional Design.
- Superior leadership and management skills.