This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
This role will be based in Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Washington DC, Detroit, New York City, or Omaha.
At LinkedIn, we trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams. This role offers a hybrid work option, meaning you can both work from home and commute to a LinkedIn office, depending on what’s best for you and when it is important for your team to be together.
We are looking for a Director of Threat Prevention & Defense to join our Trust & Safety team in keeping LinkedIn a professional and safe place. In this role, you will be responsible for leading teams that handle the gathering of threat intelligence as well as identification of product/feature risks. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with exceptional experience in operations, fraud, risk management, and problem-solving skills who is comfortable interacting with all levels, including executive management, product, engineering, and legal teams.
You are able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization. Using your strong communication skills, you’ll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, juggling and accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and are able to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You’re also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your team, managers, business partners and their projects.
- Lead a team of multiple functions in support of the Trust & Safety organization at LinkedIn with the following responsibilities:
- Advanced Threats – A group of highly skilled and focused practitioners that seek out threats to LinkedIn and our members. Partner with teams in legal, product, engineering, information security, comms, data science and AI to help tune our radar and defenses.
- Emerging Threats – This team is focused on identifying and mitigating risks to the LinkedIn ecosystem, while also providing strategic intelligence to key areas of the business. They work with teams in product, engineering and AI to identify technical threats, influence campaigns, and much more. Additionally, this group partners with physical security and our exec team to ensure ongoing safety and security of our employees and facilities.
- Proven ability to build and manage high performing teams, setting a vision and strategy to drive the teams forward and keeping them focused on delivering results critical to business success
- Identify and analyze improvements to the business – opportunities for improving the customer experience and driving operating efficiency – to support the strategic and operational goals of Trust & Safety
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrixed environment is critical
- Foster collaboration, value other’s perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Ability to negotiate with peers and senior leaders to come to agreed upon and productive solutions to business problems
- Proven ability to create and further develop strong relationships with both business and engineering leadership
- Partner with cross-functional teams to produce requirements and design for business capabilities that align to LinkedIn’s business and technology strategies
- 7+ years of experience in fields such as E-crimes, Financial Crimes, Threat Intelligence, Trust & Safety and/or Risk Management
- 7+ years of management and leadership roles, or equivalent consulting experience
- BA/BS in a computer science, criminal justice or related field
- Experience managing an organization of 50+ employees or contractors
- Outstanding leadership, facilitation and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance.
- Experience managing/supporting relationships with internal and external executive stakeholders
- Strong situational awareness and decision-making abilities
- Relationship-oriented, enjoy working with both people + technology, and be a self-motivated learner
- Well-versed in risk and fraud management strategies, as well as managing relationships with product, engineering, legal and comms teams
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-growth, and results orientated environment that demands excellence
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and stakeholders (in both government and private sectors)
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Experience with change management
- Superior judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, decision-making skills
- Ability to successfully navigate between tactical and strategic objectives
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Government clearance a strong plus