This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 19, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in content safety product management or a related field.
- Experience building global consumer-oriented software products in regulatory environments.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization and influencing across product areas with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., engineering, UX, product, finance, policy/legal, marketing/communications).
- Experience in the lifecycle of technical product management.
- Experience in Legal, Trust and Safety, and/or Public Policy.
- Experience in technical innovation and leading technically challenging projects in the content safety domain.
- Experience building complex and at-scale content safety products/features.
- Ability to work within legal, ethical, policy constraints, and user constraints.
- Ability to influence without authority and partner with technical and cross-functional teams.
About the job
As a Director of Product Management, you will work on Content Safety across the organization. You will develop and execute on content safety strategy including identifying emerging risk areas across the organization, develop product strategies for upcoming regulations, and work with partner teams and/or products to close gaps. You will also work closely with key partners across other functions (e.g., Trust and Safety, Public Policy, Legal, Marketing, Communications, etc.). In this role, you will provide strategic direction across a wide range of Google products.
- Build excellent relationships with executive leaders and cross-functional partners to shape overall strategy/plans for content safety.
- Communicate best practices to partners to support the strategic priorities of the Consumer Trust organization. Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Partner with Engineering, UX, and other Google Product Management teams to create, drive, and deliver an innovative, compelling, and user-friendly experience to our customers.
- Unlock roadblocks and cultivate collaboration with executive product leaders across Google through leadership, creativity, intelligence, and presence.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.