This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 10, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are seeking a senior communications leader to join our fast-paced US communications team. You’ll join our US trust and safety communications team to lead and implement a range of initiatives which demonstrate our commitment to safe, inclusive, and age-appropriate content experiences. We’re looking for someone to collaborate with Trust and Safety, Product, Marketing, Public Policy, Creator, and Legal teams across a range of topics, products, policies, partnerships and issues. In this exciting role you’ll bring TikTok’s positive societal impact to life, showing how our app creates a welcoming and positive experience for millions of Americans and demonstrating our commitment to meeting our responsibilities.
We’re looking for an experienced professional with outstanding media handling skills, a passion for user well-being and experience in platform communications. The ideal candidate will be able to investigate, understand, and distill complex user safety issues, and respond to a range of situations with empathy and a people-first mindset. They will have a proven track record of writing to an extremely high standard and should thrive when collaborating with colleagues from a broad range of internal functions.
– Lead strategy and execution for TikTok’s safety communications in the US, including our work around privacy, inclusion and platform integrity
– Develop proactive approaches, across internal and external channels, that bring transparency and accountability to the ways TikTok supports a safe and welcoming app experience
– Engage regularly with tier one media and other key stakeholders, serving as a company spokesperson as needed
– Oversee reactive communications around user safety issues
– Prepare executives and other senior spokespeople for media interactions and public appearances
– Work in close collaboration with product, safety, creator, marketing, legal, and public policy teams in particular, providing communications counsel and support, to ensure message accuracy and consistency
– Oversee and drive proactive campaigning show
– BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
– 12+ years of communications experience
– Excellent strategic, analytical, and verbal communication skills
– Proven news judgement and media management skills
– Works well under pressure and is motivated in a fast-paced environment
– Deep experience in communications on safety-related issues
– Demonstrated ability to lead a high-impact team in a collaborative and empathetic way
– Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.