This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are seeking a seasoned leader and a resilient self-starter who thrives in creating structure in ambiguous spaces, working in fast paced environments and demonstrating strong strategic and critical thinking skills to define solutions to new problem sets. You are passionate about making an impact on the world, developing others and bringing out the best in your teams. You are an influencer who will partner directly with partners across product, engineering, and policy teams to scale global processes from inception to launch and develop operational solutions used by moderators.
About the job
As the Director of Safety & Integrity Operations, your primary responsibility is to lead Bumble Inc.’s Trust and Safety Operations, driving the vision and execution for content moderation operations and investigations operations for critical safety cases. You will oversee all content moderation operations, including the team responsible for investigating and resolving the most critical issues related to policy enforcement, safety, fraud and other sensitive and complex scenarios. You will oversee service delivery and be responsible for managing all aspects of Safety & Integrity Operations, including optimising workflows, staffing and training, and wellbeing programs, as well as driving continuous improvement and operational excellence against Key Performance Indicators. You will also partner with cross-functional stakeholders to problem-solve and lead cross-functional project teams for strategic initiatives.
While pre-existing domain expertise across all areas is not expected, you will need to have the ability to work globally and with stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence, and communication skills. You will demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decision making, technical know-how, and ability to lead a team to get things done for Bumble Inc. and our members.
The role will be based in London or in a US state within EST time zone.
- Set the strategy and lead the execution to redesign operational infrastructure and KPI framework for reactive and proactive abuse detection to improve enforcement accuracy and quality while balancing safety and efficiency at scale.
- Design and deliver innovative operations solutions used by all content moderators and investigations specialists globally and work cross-functionally across the organisation to develop and ship scalable, upstream solutions related to emerging safety and integrity trends and issues.
- Responsible for oversight of global team of content moderators including both in-house team and outsourced operations. Partner with workforce planning to forecast volume and headcount needs.
- Create KPI scorecard and monitor and analyse performance against KPIs, ensuring a balance between high-quality work, adherence with production/metrics expectations, and moderator health and well-being.
- Transform quality measurement framework in partnership with learning and development team to measure quality from a policy adherence, moderator consistency, and customer experience perspective. Supervise training and quality assurance, ensuring that policies and processes are being applied effectively, fairly, consistently, and are supported by strong reporting and analytics.
- Influence and operationalise principles and policies for Community Guidelines enforcement, developing related operational procedures and designing enhanced workflows via process improvements and tooling recommendations.
- Own the operational health and design of key workflows and metrics, and identify and drive improvements in those aligned to core metrics.
- Oversee workflow, tooling and process improvements to ensure we secure the platform with speed and accuracy, provide fast and empathetic support to rebuild trust with customers, deliver high-quality Trust and Safety enforcement decisions, and ensure data and insights are classified properly.
- Partner with product team to advise on rollout of new features that impact safety of members and require content moderation, advocating for safe and trusted member experience on our products.
- Work with and influence executives and cross-functional teams. Lead cross-functional project teams to coordinate strategic initiatives and provide recommendations based on analysis, experience, technical acumen, and strong judgement.
- Build out a high-performing team responsible for investigations, best-in-class, trauma-informed support for members, and executive-level reports and recommendations on content moderation and enforcement strategy.
- Develop escalations framework and protocol to ensure timely response to incidents that pose a risk to our members and/or company brand and mission. Make final decisions and act as escalation point where needed, including time-sensitive escalations from operations teams, internal stakeholders, and outside groups (Law Enforcement, Government, NGO).
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6-10 years of experience working in the technology industry
- 5 years of experience as a global people manager
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating operations teams
- Experience working in Trust & Safety
- You are a self-starter with experience in building high-performing teams from the ground up
- You have experience in leadership roles at global technology companies and/or start-ups and/or scale-ups
- You have a passion for operational excellence with experience delivering business impact at scale and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You are able to synthesise large amounts of data into actionable recommendations/analytical decision-making, and to carefully assess the need to transform versus the need to evolve
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, fast-changing business requirements and an ability to exhibit critical thinking about ideas that drive transformational change
- You are passionate about developing/leading diverse and inclusive teams, and the ability to bring teams together
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
To apply for this job please visit bumble.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.