This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 9, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Hinge is looking for an experienced product leader to join as our Director of Product to drive the mission, vision and overall strategy for our Trust & Safety group reporting into the Chief Product Officer.
In this role, you will lead and grow a group of PMs to innovate on the features, systems and tools that help keep our users safe both on and offline. You will oversee teams across user safety, bad actors/algorithms, and safety and support tooling. We are looking for someone with exceptional creative and analytical skills and a passion for solving some of the most complex and important problems related to user safety and bad actor detection.
As the leader of this area, you will play an integral role in defining the next generation of trust and safety tools and innovate on new ways to keep users safe as they date online. This person will partner closely with our Community Operations team and be the expert on all things Trust & Safety at Hinge ensuring that we are leading in this ares and build with the principle of “Safety by Design”.
- Coach, manage, and hire a team of high-performing product managers.
- Drive the strategic vision and strategy for Hinge’s Trust & Safety Product Group across User Safety, Bad Actors Detection and Safety and Support Tooling teams.
- Accelerate the pace of shipping and learning, while keeping our product quality bar high.
- Partner closely with cross functional stakeholders, including but not limited to Design, Research, Engineering, and Analytics, Marketing and Brand leaders to build and deliver world-class products
- Partner with data analysts to develop, maintain, and report on dashboards to track rates and types of potential fraud and spamPartner with Global Safety Operations & Policy to ensure Integrity systems reflect and enforce Community policy and guidelines and that critical issues are correctly escalated to the right stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across the organization from partner teams to executives.
- Define and advance metrics and analyze test results to inform the success of products and features shipped.
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager owning Trust & Safety programs and products driving strategy, roadmap, metrics and execution.
- 2+ years of experience leading, managing, coaching and developing a team of high-performing product managers.
- Demonstrated track record of product execution and impactful feature delivery with the ability to lead and influence teams.
- Portfolio-oriented product approach for balancing bold, high-upside bets and quick wins/enhancements to current systems.
- Highly technical and capable of wading into the details, but can also drive from 30,000-foot view.
- Data-informed and experiment-driven style to optimize for learning. Ability to adjust direction rapidly, learning what levers are most effective.
- Deep customer empathy and product craft to sweat the Little Big Details.
- Ability to juggle dozens of projects, big and small, while driving relentless product execution.
- Excellent executive presence and resilience to embrace a deep level of engagement from senior leadership, including the CEO, CPO, COO and CTO.
- You are a talent magnet for people who want to collaborate with and work for you.
- Clear written and verbal communication. You clearly communicate product strategy and requirements into specs and roadmaps. You can speak to people at all levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Highly energetic and proactive with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong product sense and user empathy with familiarity with platform UI best practices.
- Enjoy making sense of chaos, continuously learning and working with a diverse group of builders, entrepreneurs, creators and all around great people.
- Entrepreneurial at heart, thrive in an ever evolving fast paced start-up environment and your passion is evident in your work.
- Natural ability to make things happen and get stuff done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to communicate effectively, persuade others and influence outcomes.
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail.
- Great sense of humor and positive outlook on life . . . we laugh a lot!