This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Our team of compliance professionals is robust and talented. We are seeking someone to lead the function, helping to set a strategic, long-term vision for compliance, partnering cross-functionally across Mercury, and representing Mercury’s compliance functions with partners, regulators, and other stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the compliance function at Mercury, including compliance governance, compliance advisory, internal audit, and information security.
- Partner with risk, legal, product, among other teams, to help guide Mercury’s growth in a highly-regulated space.
- Help set and drive vision for how compliance can not only help protect Mercury, but serve as a differentiator and competitive advantage.
- Represent compliance with internal and external stakeholders (partners, regulators, etc.).
- Take a strategic, long-term view of compliance, but still be willing to get into the weeds on specific compliance issues.
- Help prevent us from heeding the call of the void.
- Have experience leading compliance at a scaling (or scaled) fintech, or at a significant financial institution.
- Care deeply about the founders and entrepreneurs that we serve as customers, and have a strong commitment to product quality and beautiful design.
- Demonstrate proven leadership and management abilities.
- Be comfortable operating in a highly-regulated, rapidly evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Possess deep knowledge of BSA, AML, sanctions, and other applicable regulatory frameworks, and experience interfacing with regulators like the Fed, FDIC, and OCC.
- Love collaborating with talented professionals across many disciplines – product, design, engineering, marketing, and more.
- Enjoy writing off-beat job descriptions.
To apply for this job please visit mercury.com.