This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 13, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in internet services, process improvement, or customer support.
- 10 years of experience delivering global operations against core metrics in business operations, support operations, or management consulting roles, managing individuals, managers, and teams.
- Ability to work non-standard work weeks as escalations require.
- Advanced degree in related field (e.g., general business, operations managment, analytical, technical).
- Experience or interest in content policy or anti-abuse operations.
- Ability to work in a rapidly-changing industry and manage ambiguity while minimizing uncertainty through quantitative insights.
About the job
YouTube’s Trust and Safety (T&S) team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust and Safety team is enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety.
The Enforcement and Operations (E&O) team ensures that YouTube’s Community Guidelines are effectively and efficiently enforced across the platform. In performing this function, Trust and Safety E&O partners with Product Management and Engineering to improve detection, Global Operations to drive effective and efficient vendor operations, the Partner Management team to support creator experience, and the Policy Development team on policy evolution and guidelines.
As the Director, YouTube Trust and Safety, you will be responsible for managing several critical, global verticals. You will think through the unique challenges of a broad array of policy areas while overseeing scaled workflows to enforce YouTube’s policies accurately and efficiently. This role will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines. This role will require occasional on-call work on weekends and holidays on a rotational basis.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $232,000-$341,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead, grow, and motivate the Vertical teams to deliver excellent core operations while managing complex customer, press, regulator, and executive escalations.
- Manage escalations with a fast turn-around time, provide data and content driven insights, and implement solutions. Provide timely and clear updates to executives.
- Deliver operational performance (e.g., quality, service levels) across all aspects of vertical management to ensure platform safety and effective enforcement of YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
- Develop relationships with key cross-functional partners to help develop and launch new products and policies that impact the different Verticals.
- Oversee talent acquisition and retention, performance management, and team goals and deliverables for the organization. Contribute to the Trust and Safety Leadership team as an advocate of team culture and steward of core YouTube T&S values.
To apply for this job please visit www.google.com.