This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
DoorDash’s Trust and Safety team is seeking an experienced policy expert to be the leader of our Community Policy function. Community Policy will create, write and socialize the policies and rules that guide online and offline behavior on the platform. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a proven track record of performance to design, build and scale a new function at DoorDash from the ground up.
About the Role
As Director of Community Policy, you will be responsible for creating, owning and evangelizing platform policy development for DoorDash as you help to write rules that guide behavior of our customers, dashers and merchants. You will bring empathy and ethical judgment in shaping our values driven policies. You will work closely with public policy, legal, support, fraud, product and leadership to build out our policy framework. You have excellent communication skills and can work with a range of people from our front line Trust and Safety associates to M-Team. You and your team will spearhead. You will be responsible for building a team of community policy experts that can write, adapt and expand our platform guidelines
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead DoorDash’s policy development for consumers, dashers and merchants to ensure a safe community
- Develop, launch and maintain DoorDash’s Community Guidelines and other critical policy documents.
- Work closely with leadership, legal, public policy, product, support and operations to build values based policies that define acceptable behavior
- Build the community policy team. Find, grow and mentor the people responsible for researching, writing and iterating on our policies under your guidance.
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our policies before they become a problem.
- Work closely with the Trust and Safety team to operationalize our policies to ensure their work is supported and consistent.
- Weigh in on sensitive escalations from the Trust and Safety team and discuss decisions with our leadership team.
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience in relevant fields such as policy development for the sharing/gig economy and/or content policy.
- 6+ years of relevant management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Including persuasive and analytical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build coalitions and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to communicate and influence in a range of settings, from one on one meetings to company all hands.
- Deep policy expertise and the broad contextual knowledge required for writing effective policies.
- Experience dealing with sensitive policy or safety issues.
- Comfortable working with leadership including M-team