This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 5, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Cisco, the world’s leading networking, communications and security company, is on a mission to empower an inclusive future for everyone. We’re proud to be consistently recognized as one of the best workplaces in the world by Fortune and Great Place To Work, and we are looking for exceptional people to join our legal team.
What You’ll Do
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Cisco legal team supporting the Security and Trust Organization (ST&O), including Cisco’s Chief Security and Trust Officer, the organization, as well as your colleagues in Legal on data and product security issues. We are looking for a Director level counsel with the requisite expertise to help drive security and trust at Cisco—for our customers and our company. We’re looking for someone who:
- will optimally advise the Chief Security and Trust Officer, the staff, and the entire ST&O organization to ensure Cisco meets its security and privacy obligations to our customers, regulators, employees, and stakeholders
- will advise on issues relating to the security of: Cisco’s data and any data that we process, our intellectual property, our supply chain, our products, including software and cloud offerings, and all systems and tools
- will advise on data breach incidents and incident response, working with internal teams to understand scope and details of exposures, working with outside counsel; working with law enforcement when necessary;
- will advise on incident disclosure obligations and expectations outside the United States
Minimum Qualifications for this Role:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house
- Citizen of the United States
- Ability to acquire US Security clearance desired
- A technophile (tech geek) who also happens to be a great lawyer
- Deep experience with various industry security certifications (e.g., FedRamp, SOC2, ISO27001, etc.) and industry-standard data security practices;
- Significant experience with data sovereignty requirements and interacting and negotiating with government officials on data security matters;
- Exceptionally good at developing close working relationships with senior- and mid-level data security professionals and Distinguished Engineers who are deep experts in their field; who can speak their language and understand the legal issues that arise in the context of their work;
- Will work arm-in-arm with the Privacy Legal team in a way that is seamless for ST&O clients;
- Ability to issue spot and ask good questions and understand the technical context of an issue;
- Curious and hungry to develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, go-to-market strategies, and business processes;
- Capacity to logically weigh the risks and benefits of a variety of complex business issues, quickly making sound legal judgments and summarizing them in plain English to internal clients in order to facilitate nimble business execution;
- Cultivates and maintains close relationships with clients, legal colleagues, and external stakeholders, including with governmental officials and their staffs.
- Experience and facility with data privacy law such as GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy laws, as well as SaaS offerings. CIPP/E certification is a plus.
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to discuss complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and orally
- Bar admission, in good standing, in the United States