This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 11, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
ISD is looking to recruit a Digital Research Analyst with Spanish language skills to work as part of a new team researching online hate, extremism and disinformation in the US. The Digital Research Analyst will conduct quantitative and qualitative digital research, including data analysis and open source intelligence.
This role supports the ISD US research team in detecting and analyzing online disinformation and extremism online and will contribute to public outputs relating to these topics. While this position has a specific focus on extremism and disinformation in the context of the US, the Digital Research Analyst will work with teams studying similar issues in Europe and the UK.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interpret datasets from social media and online media sources to help detect and analyze online extremist activity, hate and harassment campaigns, and disinformation. Provide analysis of these incidents, including assessments of their source, techniques and potential impact.
- Support the design and constant evolution of effective methods, processes and technologies to support ISD’s research team in online analytics, specifically for the detection of disinformation and media manipulation.
- Monitor the platforms, channels and forums used by relevant hate groups, extremist groups and foreign state information operations online.
- Monitor the keywords, images, symbols and influencers relevant to key hate groups, extremist groups and foreign state information operations online.
- Produce or support on the production of written summaries of the methods, findings and implications of research conducted on disinformation or hate online for a spectrum of stakeholders.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working to understand/researching online trends as they relate to society issues.
- Proficiency with social listening tools.
- Public speaking and stakeholder engagement experience.
- Experience and knowledge of online analytical tools and approaches, including but not limited to natural language processing, network mapping or OSINT techniques.
- Exceptional written and spoken English & Spanish.
Please submit your application by Friday 14th April 2023 including your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your experience and motivation. ISD reserves the right to interview and appoint candidates prior to the advertised closing date.
To apply for this job please visit isdglobal.recruitee.com.