This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 11, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Amazon Defensive Security is hiring a Security Operational Specialist. Do you have a passion for cybersecurity and customer satisfaction? Do you want to work on mission critical projects that help keep Amazon and our Customers safe? Then we want to hear from you!
As a Defensive Security Operational Specialist you will work hand in hand with our customers. You’ll gather requirements, triage incoming requests, plan and execute project work, and provide operational support via our on call rotation.
Key job responsibilities
- Keep up to date on current security tooling and the evolving threat landscape
- Work hand in hand with our customers to understand their requirements
- Prototype new projects, then mature them into long term solutions
- Triage incoming emergent requests
- Participate in our on weekly call rotation: answer tickets, review alarms, and follow run-books to fix platform problems.
- Manage runbooks and wikis
- Communicate with our centralized PMO organization
- Handle communications to external customers
- Be a point of contact and ambassador to other teams
We are the development engineering arm of the “Vulnerability Management and Remediation” team. We operate on the front lines, building tools to streamline the assessment of vulnerabilities, ingest hundreds of millions of detections a day, and drive remediation efforts. Our work is mission critical to protect our customers and ensure the continued confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Amazon services world wide. Our space moves fast, and so do we. We’re passionate about agile processes, and are constantly pushing the envelope when it comes to new technologies and approaches, all while delivering rock solid scalable projects at a globally unrivaled scale. Come join us and make a difference!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of security or vulnerability management fundamentals
- 1+ years of project management experience
- Basic knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure components (e.g. Lambda, SNS, SQS, VPCs, etc) and what they’re used for
- Ability to create and interpret technical runbooks
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness to work on an on-call rotation schedule
- Experience managing large projects, or multiple small ones simultaneously
- Experience owning communication to senior management and stakeholders/customers
- 1+ years experience with statically typed or scripting languages (Java, Python, or Typescript preferred)
- 1+ years experience with AWS and CDK
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.