This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Data and Technology Strategists provide the technical assistance and expertise that our member organizations need to get started and then ongoing support to achieve their goals and maximize their impact. We help with establishing syncs, data pipelines, analytics, and reporting from a continually-expanding suite of organizing and digital tools.
- Maintain a shared data warehouse, create strategically critical reporting dashboards, build data syncs and pipelines, and provide other related data and technology support in a thoughtful and speedy manner to diverse member organizations with varying needs and levels of expertise
- Facilitate conversations on both traditional and more experimental methodologies for turnout, digital organizing, persuasion, and/or advertising
- Use SQL to manipulate and analyze data from member programs, the voter file, and other data sets; as well as support members in understanding those reports
- Train member organizations on the strategic use of the voter file and other member data sets
- Work within the larger Data and Technology team to provide general member support and contribute to long term projects.
- Dedication to our members and furthering their reach and impact, along with broader progressive issues and campaigns
- Basic SQL skills
- A desire to continuously learn new things
- Experience interacting with and analyzing the voter file, census data and/or another large dataset
- Project management experience, including delegation, managing up and managing expectations for themselves and projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to communicate and collaborate with emotional intelligence across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfort communicating via remote work tools like Slack and Zoom
- Passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion and a commitment to incorporating these values into your everyday work
We especially encourage applications from people who have any of these additional qualifications:
- Experience working on campaigns, electorally-focused, or advocacy organizations, with at least one full cycle in a data-related role
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with Digital ad data
- Experience using the Civis Platform
- Moderate or better SQL ability
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience training others on technical tools
- Experience working with APIs, HTTP or data syncs
- Experience with NGP VAN, ActionKit, ActionNetwork or other commonly used progressive tools as a user and/or an administrator
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer