This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 27, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences. If you are self-motivated, hard-working, passionate about challenges, and looking to make a positive change in people’s lives, come join us!
Apple is seeking a Data Scientist to join the Trust & Safety organization with a mission to protect Apple’s services, customers, and developers from fraud and abuse. In this role, you will help ensure the content on Apple stores are safe and the discovery of content is free of manipulations. To achieve this goal, we use a combination of threat modeling, data analysis, and machine learning.
We are looking for candidates in all locations with existing Apple offices. Preferred locations are:
– Austin, Texas, United States
– Seattle, Washington, United States
– Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2+ years of professional experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or product analyst
Passion for applied empirical analytics for driving practical insights. Ability to translate raw data into significant business insights and be able to tell a story with data.
Strong understanding of data transformations and analytics functions using tools and languages like Spark, SQL, Pandas, etc.
Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large data sets.
Proficiency in Python, Scala, or similar language.
Knowledge of predictive and statistical modeling, statistical inference, and experimental design.
Experience building data visualization with Tableau and similar tools is a plus.
Ability to communicate your findings with clarity and precision, whether through writing, visualizations, or presentations.
Our mission is to ensure trust and safety of the digital content on Apple Services. A successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
– Be vigilant for excellent customer experience. Actively watch out for ways to help and improve the team. Be empathetic.
– Bring structure and predictability to intrinsically uncertain problems through detailed project scoping and meticulous planning.
– Deep dive in large-scale data to develop qualitative and quantitative understanding of fraud characteristics and to identify key insights that inform process improvements and anti-fraud strategy. Be able to estimate catch rates, coverage, and false positives. Steadfastly explore your action’s unintended consequences.
– Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
– Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof instrumentation.
– Present your findings regularly to a variety of audiences. Provide meaning to statistics by contextualizing findings.
Education & Experience
BS in Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or related field.
Masters in a related field preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.