This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on December 1, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Trust Lab, we’re building a safer and healthier internet for all. We strive to empower vulnerable groups, users and platforms to protect themselves from misinformation, hate speech, and violence online by developing cutting edge technical solutions at scale.
We’re looking for full-time Data Science interns passionate about solving complex, world-changing problems end-to-end using python, R or other technical data analytics tools. You’ll be joining a highly experienced engineering team that moves quickly, uses the latest tools and infrastructure, and pushes the boundaries of computer science, data analytics and human computation.
This role a paid full-time (35-40 hrs/week) 12-15 week internship with a flexible start date
If you’re excited about hacking the world’s largest online platforms closer to safety and developing on the forefront of tech for social good online, we’d love to talk. By deploying in cloud based infrastructures, using machine learning and large scale information retrieval and storing, building multidimensional social graphs and open source tools, we’re making the internet a safer place.
Day in the life:
- Design and build interactive dashboards to be shared with high-profile customers
- Create experiments collecting statistically significant data across the social media landscape
- Develop automation tools for remote devices to measure harmful content on social media platforms
- Use data manipulation tools to analyze and extract meaning from complex data sets
- Build new features for full-stack deployment of our custom data collection platform
- Visualize data in compelling and intuitive ways using Tableau, Data Studio or other platforms
What you bring: (These are guidelines NOT requirements. If you are close, please apply!)
- Strong data science skills backed by multi-faceted experience conducting data analysis from scratch and improving existing technology
- Coursework or extensive experience doing data manipulation, analysis, visualization and storytelling
- High comfort level working in Python, Pandas, and NumPy and building beautiful visualizations
- Self-guided learner that finds answers quickly and enjoys getting their hands dirty in new areas
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively, be decisive with limited information and back up decisions with sound logic while being receptive to constructive criticism
- Deliver quality within self-defined/reasonable timelines
Extras (great to have one or more of these):
- Passion for/interest in online safety / trust & safety
- Tableau knowledge
- Experience in C#, Java, or other mid to high-level software engineering (e.g. backend or frontend development)