This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Protect and serve our communities by managing and scaling our Counter-Extremism team
- Oversee projects from ideation to implementation across the wider Discord organization
- Review and evaluate agent conduct to ensure compliance with internal policies around enforcing our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- Identify and investigate emergent extremist threats that potentially impact the platform
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams to address high-harm cases that involve or overlap with violent extremism and civic disruption
- Utilize deep subject matter expertise and quantitative and qualitative methods to identify gaps across teams, develop root cause analyses, and enact continuous improvements in response to changing circumstances
What you should have:
- 4+ years experience working in counter-terrorism, violent extremism, civic disruption, or related subtopics
- 2+ years of demonstrated people management
- Project management skills and experience driving global cross-functional collaboration
- Experience analyzing and mitigating high-impact threats and online threat actors, with a track record of managing tactical & strategic initiatives resulting in measurable change
- Experience managing intel vendors and/or other external sources
- Experience coordinating with diverse external stakeholders, including as GIFCT and law enforcement
- Fluency in more than one language
- Fluency in SQL and/or Python
- Experience with scaled content detection and enforcement workflows
- Post-secondary degree and/or certificate in relevant subfield
- In-depth knowledge of internet and gaming culture and trends.
To apply for this job please visit discord.com.