This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 23, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next talented attorney to join our legal team. As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for handling a wide range of legal issues including but not limited to vendor and other contracts, dispute resolution /litigation, subpoenas, intellectual property policing and prosecution work, product support, and support of other corporate initiatives. We are looking for someone who is motivated by our purpose and is a creative, flexible, business-minded problem-solver and isn’t afraid to break new ground.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements. Develop, improve, and maintain templates, corporate policies, and processes
- Manage intellectual property prosecution and policing work
- Work cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice
- Advise on projects as needed, including general corporate, regulatory, IP, and risk management issues
- Manage (improve and implement) GoFundMe’s subpoena process, litigation and other dispute resolution
- A JD from a top law school and membership in the California Bar
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including in-house and/or law firm experience
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of contracts
- Dispute resolution experience, including subpoenas
- Ability to effectively build, document and implement processes and procedures in support of new policies and workflows among cross-functional teams
- International experience and intellectual property / privacy background are a plus
- Ability to provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with GoFundMe’s business objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, act decisively and run projects autonomously
- Good judgment, strong ethics, kind heart
- Confident self-starter and proven ability to work cross-functionally with business partners
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- A passion for GoFundMe’s mission while being a genuine GoFundMe ambassador who amplifies GoFundMe’s culture in all communications and interactions
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.