This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 24, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As a Content Policy Analyst on TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to ensure that users enjoy a safe, authentic, diverse and inclusive community on the platform. This role will sit within the Violent Extremism team and specialize in violent threats and incitement on the platform. You will need a deep understanding of the TikTok platform and how it can be abused. This will require developing systems for tracking and anticipating user behavior and identifying thoughtful and creative policy solutions in a fast moving environment. You will work closely with a variety of internal partners including Global and US experts on issues such as hateful behavior and illegal goods, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent livestream safety incidents. This position will be full-time. It can be based in any of our offices but preference will be given to candidates based in Los Angeles or New York City.
– Rely on data-driven assessments of potential violent threats to develop, launch, and train policies that are customized for our product offerings
– Work closely with cross-functional partners and external experts to stay up-to-date on current trends, techniques and patterns of violent extremist activity on social media platforms to predict and prevent safety incidents
– Analyze existing policies and procedures to identify and correct gaps, inconsistencies, or conflicts
– Work cross-functionally with global policy and operations teams to set goals and milestones related to product policy
– Assist team lead in providing comprehensive and ongoing training designed to inform the moderators about policy, procedures changes, recent trends, and updates
– BA in a relevant field (Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, Religious Studies etc.)
– 3+ years professional experience researching and/or developing policy focused on violent extremism.
– Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and a proven track record of managing successful projects from beginning to end
– Knowledge of open source intelligence (OSINT) techniques
– Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, identify trade-offs, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
– Deep knowledge in how policy develops in new media, technology, entertainment, or related fields
– Ability to review and be exposed to sensitive and graphic content
– MA in a relevant field (Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, Religious Studies etc.)
– Previous work experience in Trust & Safety
– Experience analyzing the intersection of online activity (incitement, glorification, and promotion) and real world violence
– Additional language fluency (French or Spanish preferred)
– Knowledge of hate groups and how relevant movements, organizations and individuals leverage the online space
– Knowledge of how violent extremists leverage the TikTok platform
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.