This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on January 24, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
As a Content Policy Analyst on TikTok’s US Trust & Safety team, you will work to ensure that users enjoy a safe, authentic, diverse and inclusive community on the platform. This role will sit within the Illegal Activities and Regulated Goods team and specialize in regulated goods content (covering firearms, tobacco, alcohol, drugs, counterfeit goods and more) on the platform. You will need to cultivate a deep understanding of the platform and how it can be abused by bad actors to facilitate illicit activity while championing recovery resources for our users and ensuring policies protect users of all experiences and backgrounds. This will require developing systems for tracking and anticipating user behavior and identifying thoughtful and creative policy solutions in a fast moving environment. You will work closely with a variety of internal partners including Global and US experts on issues such as minor safety and violent extremism, Intellectual Property, Communications, Operations, Product, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and prevent safety incidents. This position will be full-time. It can be based in any of our offices but preference will be given to candidates based in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City or Washington, D.C.
– Rely on data-driven assessments of regulated goods content to develop, launch, and train policies that are customized for our product offerings
– Work closely with cross-functional partners and external experts to stay up-to-date on emerging social media trends and slang in the US to predict and prevent violations of TikTok’s community guidelines
– Analyze existing policies and procedures by identifying gaps, inconsistencies, or conflicts
– Advise internal and external stakeholders on the differences between various regulated goods on platform and our nuanced approach to tackle such goods
– Work cross-functionally with global policy and operations teams to set goals and milestones related to product policy
– Assist team lead in providing comprehensive and ongoing training designed to inform the moderators about policy, procedures changes, recent trends, and updates
– 3+ years of work experience focused on diversion or recovery programs. Past experience in Trust & Safety, content policy, or brand safety roles is a plus.
– Demonstrated systematic thought process regarding policy and thorough operational experience
– Knowledge of substance abuse
– Background in operational excellence with a proven ability to structure policy and process-oriented milestones
– Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, identify trade-offs, and make decisions in high-pressure situations
– Deep knowledge in how policy develops in new media, technology, entertainment, or related fields
– Strong attention to detail — highly self-driven and results oriented
– Bilingual in English and at least one other language (Spanish preferred)
– Experience working with international partners in different time zones
– Proven ability to develop sound research methodologies and collect, synthesize, analyze, and interpret data
– Experience managing complex research projects
– Experience working in a start-up, or forming new teams in established companies
– Advanced proficiency in Excel and understanding of data access tools, including but not limited to SQL
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.