Website joinhandshake Handshake
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 6, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Handshake is looking to bring on a Content Moderation Specialist (contract) to provide support to our employer, student, and career services users. This role is a 3 month contract with the possibility of contract extension upon evaluation of fit for the role and company needs. If you are resourceful and attuned to detail, love to research and feel comfortable with data entry – this is the role for you!
You will be helping verify new employers on the platform. You will work closely with our Support Team to provide efficient and effective support and contribute to an overall seamless experience for users. As an advocate for our career centers, students, and employer users, you’ll improve the Handshake user experience and make an impact on our mission to democratize opportunity.
- Contribute 40 hours per week during a predetermined schedule (Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Saturday, or Sunday-Thursday) by evaluating new employers on our platform. Your day-to-day will consist of:
- 90%: New employer tickets, ~60/day. Agents are expected to meet their weekly equal % of queue goal.
- 5%: attending team meetings (1-3 per week)
- 5%: completing administrative tasks (emails, checking daily announcements, training, etc.)
- Use app demo environments, troubleshooting tools, help center, team communication channels, and internal documentation systems to find the quality answer for a wide range of users
- Maintain a standard level of excellence in regards to response times, resolution times, and the quality of the customer support experience
- Be both a content moderator and an experienced consultant for users of the Handshake platform
- Utilize internal tools to manage issues between Customer Support, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering
- Location: if working from home, you must be located in AZ, DC, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NC, NM, NV, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, or WI.
- 1+ year in a Content Moderation role
- Technical Aptitude: Ability to learn technical tools and concepts quickly
- Teamwork: Connects with teammates and actively builds a sense of community on Support and with other teams. Collaborates with manager and team on daily or weekly guidance on ticket workflows and prioritization.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a clear ability to communicate complex topics with simple language.
- Results oriented and ownership: Ability to maintain or exceed ticket and quality goals. High level of self accountability and integrity for processes and metrics.
- Passion for the problem: Desire to help give people the chance to build the career they want, no matter where they’re from or what school they attend
- EQ: A strong sense of empathy with users of our products
- Critical Thinking: High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot with limited information and a clear plan of action.
- Expertise and Curiosity: Retains knowledge, shows ability to partially solve issues independently, and asks questions to increase personal knowledge. Isn’t afraid to do independent research on third party tools and systems to find answers.
- Growth Mindset: Positive, eager to learn, utilizes resources, takes and gives feedback, connects with support team and key cross team stakeholders.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Eagerness to contribute to and help build a diverse and inclusive team and exhibit these values internally and externally with customers or users.
- Coverage: Can provide a regular schedule to provide consistent assistance to users. Based in the U.S. and is not a current student.
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Relevant experience in cross – functional communication or close partnerships with various teams (Success, Sales, Product etc).
- Previous experience working in an Enterprise SaaS Customer Support team at a fast-paced tech company or customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a company’s products and services.
- Looker, or Microsoft Excel experience
- Trust & Safety or other Fraud experience
To apply for this job please visit joinhandshake.com.