This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 28, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Community You Will Join:
- In Community Policy, our mission is to create and evolve principled policies that establish the rules of the road for Guests and Hosts across Airbnb. This involves solving some of the most complex Trust & Safety challenges of our time. Our work is informed by rigorous research and stakeholder collaboration, and we design policies that can support our community at scale. We team with our cross-functional partners to create accessible policy enforcement guides and to continuously maintain and improve our policies.
The Difference You Will Make:
- As a Manager of Community Policies, focused on policies related to privacy and human rights, you will work across the business and with external stakeholders to continuously evaluate and improve our policies. You will lead the way in creating bespoke policies and other guidelines in support of a welcoming, fair, and fun experience on Airbnb, and are responsible for collaborating closely with our legal, business, design, and product teams to design systems that help facilitate a quality experience across Airbnb. You will partner closely on company launches to assess and deliver policy work in support of Airbnb’s growth. This role will serve as a key player in developing our global policy solutions and will have a direct impact on the peace of mind of millions of Airbnb community members around the world.
A Typical Day:
- Have broad ownership over our policies affecting listing and experiences privacy and human rights
- Guide policy operationalization efforts in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across the business including but not limited to Hosting, Guest Experience, Operations, Public Policy, Legal, Product, Trust, Communications and Business Development
- Foster, build, and maintain relationships with leadership of internal business verticals
- Support biannual launches with necessary policy deliverables
- Use data, research and insights to evaluate and revise policies as needed
- 6+ years experience in an Operations, Policy, Legal, or Trust and Safety role
- A track record of strong leadership
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking, research, and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Experience engaging with all levels of leadership, including senior executive audiences and C-Suite
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Thoughtful business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working in a matrix and driving solutions to complex problems through cross-functional collaboration
- Fluency in data analysis and leading data-driven decision-making
- Ability to explain and simplify complex information to others
- Experience creating and implementing policies and measuring their effectiveness
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.