This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 23, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As a member of the Legal Policy Operations (LPO), you will be integral in ensuring that TikTok is a safe and trustworthy place for our community. LPO is responsible for balancing corporate compliance responsibilities with the appropriate operational safeguards to protect our users’ intellectual property, privacy, and wellbeing rights. Within and across each vertical, we work together to develop efficient workflows that mitigate legal risk. We are here to strike a scalable balance between what the law requires and what is operationally feasible to protect our users. We are here to help all our Safety organization and wider company colleagues ensure that we are sustaining an equitable platform that inspires creativity across all markets. Our team is a group of specialists covering Privacy, Intellectual Property & Identity, Law Enforcement Response, and Legal Investigations.
On the Child Safety Team, you will be a part of the larger Law Enforcement Response Team (LERT). You’ll be part of a global team that ensures the timely detection and removal of content across the broad spectrum of online child safety. Through close partnerships with Legal, Policy, and Product & Process teams, you will manage global time-sensitive escalations, and child endangerment incidents to protect our online community. This highly motivating and impactful work gives you the opportunity to work with global cross-functional colleagues to frame our legal policies and operational procedures for TIkTok.
This position will be full-time and will be based in our Los Angeles, CA location.
– Demonstrate operational excellence on a team that evaluates legal risk and user privacy in the world centered around child safety.
– Lead escalations of urgent law enforcement requests, liaising with Product, Policy, Communications and Legal teams whenever necessary.
– Review and respond to a range of legal process and preservation requests for user data from US and foreign law enforcement agencies.
– Collaborate with crossfunctional internal teams and external networks to deal with issues concerning child safety and data disclosure.
– Gather and analyze relevant data to improve internal processes and consistently communicate insights to stakeholders across US and regional markets.
– Identify problems and issues across organizations and create programs and processes to solve them proactively.
– Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
– Be aware of and willing to operate in a work environment with sensitive content that includes child exploitation, graphic violence, self-injury and suicide, and other content which may be considered offensive or disturbing.
– Be responsible for handling sensitive information in a manner complying with our Terms of Service, applicable laws and regulations, and internal SOPs while protecting user privacy.
– Create and articulate written and/or verbal responses to questions from law enforcement, government agencies, and internal teams regarding Child Safety policy and process.
– Draft internal documentation, workflows and procedures concerning safety and data disclosure.
– Availability to work weekend days for emergency on-call rotations (as needed)
– Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
– 2 to 3+ years of relevant experience in law enforcement, trust and safety, child safety, investigative or analytical roles
– Strong attention to detail, highly self-driven and results oriented.
– Ability to function well in high-responsibility situations and smoothly take the lead if necessary.
– Proven ability to make important decisions independently and multi-task under pressure, responding quickly to changing situations in complex environments without compromising quality
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills should be able to adapt communication style to suit different stakeholders like cross-functional teams and law enforcement
– Ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams, including with senior stakeholders and executives.
– Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, child safety, and other potentially objectionable material.
– Knowledge of legal documents (e.g.,civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders and search warrants).
– Relevant Law Enforcement Response Team experience- especially global markets.
– Fluent in multiple languages: Arabic, Spanish, or French