This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in operations management, internal and external relationship building, and working across cross-functional teams.
- Experience reviewing or exposed to sensitive content as part of removal flows, calibrations, and escalations management.
- Familiarity with Google products, infrastructure, and types of online abuse.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams (e.g., senior stakeholders and executives).
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Child Safety Subject Matter Expert within the Trust and Safety team, you will be part of a global team that ensures the seamless detection and removal of content across the broad spectrum of online child abuse and exploitation. You will closely partner with Legal, Policy, Product, and Engineering, you will define and implement our enforcement strategy, and manage global time-sensitive escalations and incidents with minimal impact to our users, business, or brand.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Drive the development of innovative, best practice enforcement processes, research, design, and implementation across child safety workflows.
- Analyze, prioritize, and action external intelligence and internal expertise to increase volume and accuracy of content detected and actioned, reduce manual reviews, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a person of contact on high profile and urgent content removal escalations involving exposure to graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive content. Liaise with Product, Policy, Communications, and Legal teams.
- Understand issues, trends, and perspectives that may influence enforcement strategy and operations. Establish regular reporting to keep stakeholders up to date on progress, findings and recommendations.
- Manage multiple projects of moderate to high complexity and scope. Work collaboratively cross-functionally (e.g., Product Areas, Engineering, Legal, Policy, etc.) to ensure coordination and alignment on objectives and key results.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.