This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 5, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
NewsGuard offers paid summer opportunities to current students (undergraduate and graduate) and recent university graduates. As NewsGuard’s commercial opportunities and partnerships continue to expand, we’re extending our internship program beyond editorial interns to welcome a Business Development Associate to our dynamic, global team in the summer of 2022.
Our Business Development Associate will be an advocate for NewsGuard’s mission in myriad industries — from technology to education to advertising — and work within our tight-knit partnerships team to identify new opportunities, lead strategic internal projects, and execute commercial initiatives.
Successful Business Development Associates who show particular skill and promise may be subsequently offered full-time positions or considered for freelance (contributor) roles at the end of their term.
NewsGuard is a good fit for those who want to:
- Play an integral role in promoting quality journalism and making the online information landscape a healthier, more trustworthy place
- Work amongst professionals who are leading the charge in reshaping the advertising, online news and media industries for the better
- Expand their commercial understanding of deal flow and partnership strategy at early-stage growth companies
- Learn more about commercial opportunities in media and journalism
- Own new and existing workstreams, working both independently and in collaboration with a stellar team
- Think critically and bring a fresh perspective to the (virtual) office, with the ability to execute on new ideas
- Gain experience in an agile work environment that prioritizes your learning, development, and upskilling
Requirements and Eligibility
BD Associates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a student at a degree-granting institution or recent graduate
- Be able to work remotely or in-person in the London NewsGuard office, depending on summer 2022 COVID-19 safety protocols
- Have a demonstrated interest in the media / journalism industry through other work experience, extra-curricular programs or other means
- Speak fluent English
It would be great if BD Associates also:
- Spoke at least one other language of the following: French, German, Italian
- Had direct business development experience, either through pursuing a business-related degree, prior internships, extracurricular activities, or other pursuits
- Summer opportunities at NewsGuard last approximately 10 weeks on a full-time basis, exact start dates to be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Application Dates and Process
- Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm ET on Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Interviews will run from approximately May 9, 2022 through May 13, 2022.
Candidates must complete the following tasks for consideration:
- Provide a current resume/CV with relevant academic and/or professional work experiences
- Provide a reference (academic and/or professional)
- Submit the above items via NewsGuard’s application form
- Be available for interview(s) with NewsGuard staff members
To apply for this job please visit www.newsguardtech.com.