This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 5, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As NewsGuard’s commercial opportunities and partnerships continue to expand, we’re excited to welcome a Business Development Manager to our dynamic, global remote team in the summer of 2022.
Our Business Development Manager will be an advocate for NewsGuard’s mission in myriad industries — from technology to education to advertising — and work within our tight-knit partnerships team to identify new opportunities, lead strategic internal projects, and execute commercial initiatives. A fluent command of English, as well as one or more of Italian, German, or French, will enable NewsGuard’s Business Development Manager to work across various markets, develop relationships with key stakeholders, and further NewsGuard’s mission of fighting misinformation using journalism and restoring trust in the media.
NewsGuard is a good fit for those who want to:
- Play an integral role in promoting quality journalism and making the online information landscape a healthier, more trustworthy place
- Work amongst professionals who are leading the charge in reshaping the advertising, online news and media industries for the better
- Expand their commercial understanding of deal flow and partnership strategy at early-stage growth companies
- Own new and existing workstreams, working both independently and in collaboration with a stellar team
- Think critically and bring a fresh perspective to the (virtual) office, with the ability to execute on new ideas
- Gain experience in an agile work environment that prioritizes your learning, development, and upskilling
Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants for the role of Business Development Manager should meet the following requirements:
- Be able to work remotely in Europe or in-person in one of NewsGuard’s offices (London or New York)
- Have 1-2 years of direct business development experience — from sourcing to closing deals — preferably in a partnerships role with a wide variety of clients
- Have 1-2 years of experience in the media / journalism industry, with a strong interest in the current media landscape
- Have a fluent command of English, as well as one or more of Italian, German, or French. Fluency in multiple languages is preferred
It would be great if applicants also:
- Have a particular interest in misinformation, with an understanding of current players in the industry working to address it
- Dependent on experience, including commission and equity
Application Dates and Process
- This is an open application process
Candidates must complete the following tasks for consideration:
- Provide a current resume/CV with relevant academic and/or professional work experiences
- Provide a reference (academic and/or professional)
- Submit the above items via NewsGuard’s application form
- Be available for interview(s) with NewsGuard staff members
To apply for this job please visit www.newsguardtech.com.