This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 7, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world’s most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for passionate engineers who want to solve difficult problems and use tech for good in the Trust & Safety industry.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work directly with ex-senior leaders from Google, YouTube, TikTok, and Reddit, build and commercialize cutting-edge technologies, and have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied tech stack. We are a tech-first company, and our engineers are the lifeblood of everything we do. You can expect rapid growth and mentorship opportunities, meaningful work, and a fun work environment.
- Expect the majority time spent on coding and system troubleshooting
- Design customer-facing API’s for SaaS platform
- Implement scalable backends for the aforementioned API’s
- Perform latency optimization to meet SLA requirements
- Build secure and reliable storage systems for handling customer and business data
- Develop batch and real-time data pipelines for business-critical problems
- Take ownership of systems e2e to meet business requirements
- A technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience developing software
- At least 2+ years of professional software development experience (in the industry) where you were coding at least 50% of the time in the last year
- Past experience should be in one of these areas preferably (both are a strong plus): 1) Building server backends, handling logging and performing latency/throughput optimizations, or 2) Designing and implementing data pipelines, informed by a deep knowledge of databases and warehousing/analytics systems
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code and high comfort level with Python (Go/C++ also of interest)
Extras (nice-to-have but not required!)
- Experience or passion for Trust and Safety
- Experience as a technical lead or TLM (hands-on development manager)