This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 10, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
AWS Trust & Safety (T&S) is a global team that helps protect against abusive use of AWS services while simultaneously working to build trust with AWS’s customers, partners, and other stakeholders. T&S engages with a variety of stakeholders to understand cloud infrastructure-related trust and safety issues, develop fit-for-purpose frameworks to assess and minimize risks for AWS’s customers, and develop guidelines and processes for responding to trust and safety issues. Our team members display a solid understanding of AWS’s cloud infrastructure, strong technical knowledge, and the ability to exercise sound judgment on complex and time-sensitive matters.
The Trust and Safety teams daily operations are fundamentally dependent on the team’s documentation and with our ever expanding amount of internal wiki pages and public facing customer documentation, there is a need for a focused role in the team to oversee and drive progress and improvements in this space.
To support our rapid growth, we are seeking a talented, motivated documentation manager (technical writer) with a passion for producing internal and external customer documentation that is clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy to use. T&S documentation manager would work closely with managers, specialists, security operations, legal support, and various other stake holders to deliver high-quality and effective documentation to the intended audience.
T&S Documentation manager should have strong technical proficiency to help our internal and external customers succeed in the rapidly changing landscape of the Trust and Safety space. As a technical writer, you will set high standards of excellence for our documentation.
Key job responsibilities:
- Proactively develop high-quality content across mediums—written, visual, graphic—including standard operating procedures, explanations, how-to-guides and technical reference documents.
- Ensures compliance with legal, style, and other corporate standards.
- Provides strategic direction for the teams approach to documentation, templates, web page look and feel, and presentation.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and translate their knowledge into engaging, human-friendly documentation for the intended audience.
- Manage the end-to-end process of creating, collecting, editing and curating knowledge across various teams and locations.
- Indirectly manage the operations of content contributors, helping to review and triage incoming suggestions to update/edit documentation.
- Improve the readability and digestibility of content by eschewing robotic tech language in favor of friendly explanations that rely on stories, metaphors, use cases and examples, conceptual explanations and clear, practical how-to steps.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create candid responses and triggers that increase use of the help content portal and minimize the need for human response.
- Audit existing content for out-of-date, inaccurate, or otherwise unnecessary documentation that may confuse the intended audience or diminish their experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or other Communication degree. In lieu of a degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted
- Experience with Technical writing
- Proofreading skills, with the ability to identify copy and substantive edits within their own work and the work of others
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work
- Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction
- Strong Analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to present findings to groups
- Experience using static site generators and managing docs as code.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes/Continuous Improvement.
- Project/Program Management certification.
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay current with related domain information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills