This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 1, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What You’ll Do:
Twitter Trust & Safety seeks an experienced, team-focused people manager to join our Legal Policy team in Dublin. You will report to the Global Information Request or Global Withholding Request Manager and focus on legal requests from around the world.
- You will actively and diligently strengthen your team through purposeful hiring and implementing comprehensive employee development plans. Your team is responsible for processing sensitive legal requests from start to finish, including document intake, processing, and follow-up.
- You will work closely with Legal Policy management and other team members distributed across the world to continuously iterate on relevant policies and workflows, and collaborate on related strategies with our in-house counsel and public policy teams. In addition, you will create and improve processes and documentation, conduct quality assurance, contribute to broader Trust & Safety initiatives, and coordinate communications across the team and with other internal partners across the company.
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to delegate effectively, remain calm, focused and communicative in high-pressure situations, and encourage great work from your team. You will be able to assess current and future team needs in a dynamic legal and regulatory environment, all with an eye toward protecting our users and promoting transparency. Familiarity with developing policies for handling legal content issues, as well as scaling operations and working with distributed teams is required and comfort with, and enjoyment of, electronic communications is critical.
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements for existing operations, frameworks, policies, and processes; effectively delegate tasks and see projects through to completion
- Motivate your team to efficiently and accurately produce quality work product; actively recognize team needs, anticipate issues, and propose viable solutions; ensure compliance with SLAs and established procedures
- Facilitate important development opportunities and strategic direction for team
- Oversee investigation, logging, handling, follow-up, and documentation for handling for information requests in conjunction with the regional lead
- Maintain open, detailed, and regular communication with all internal teams; communicate clear and objective explanations of process and policy internally
- Participate in quality assurance and quality control processes for the global team
- Prioritize and coordinate team’s handling of critical issues, working cross-functionally as needed
- Provide on-call support in team-wide Emergency Disclosure Requests rotation, and making proactive referrals
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5+ years of relevant experience (with at least 2 years of management experience) including familiarity with legal information or removal requests, policy development, oversight of large-scale operations, and a consistent track record of team development
- You have strong management, leadership and team development skills; you set clear priorities for your team and eliminate barriers to success
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about protecting user privacy and freedom of expression
- You collaborate effectively with a global multicultural team of partners, sometimes with competing priorities
- You are able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure and time constraints; you have excellent business judgment and think strategically
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and are comfortable communicating externally on behalf of the team
- You are patient, positive, driven, flexible, and open-minded; in short, you are a great teammate
- Working proficiency in an additional language can be an advantage in this role.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years in a similar role at a tech company
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Please note that this role requires partial weekend coverage (Saturday or Sunday).
Telecommuting is not an option; this is a full-time role in Dublin. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.