This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on September 7, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As an Associate Issue Program Manager in TikTok’s US Trust & Safety organization, you will be the linchpin that holds together the integrity of systems that rely on policy, moderation, product, and process to protect consumers and prevent abuse. Reporting to the Strategy & Analytics team, your job will consist of interpreting data (both qualitative and quantitative) to identify gaps and improvements on a wide range of features across the entire safety ecosystem. You will be working with a variety of stakeholders across the globe, including Product, Policy, Quality, Communications, and Legal to ensure that TikTok is able to detect, triage, and, if possible, prevent safety incidents from proliferating on our platform.
- Be a subject matter expert on the safety ecosystem and partner with operations, policy, analytics and engineering teams to improve the impact of US Trust & Safety’s machine learning and moderation efforts on the TikTok business.
- Manage complex safety-related projects from problem identification to final execution; drive principled methods to ensure our process and workflows are optimized.
- Collaborate with our US Safety Data team to collect, quantify, and translate metrics and observations into actionable solutions; build a feedback loop to continuously improve efficacy.
- Work with our Product team to assess risk and ensure that we are developing our products and features with safety and security acknowledged early in the product lifecycle.
- Consistently update our key stakeholders and partners on US Safety initiatives and progress.
- Minimum BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years of work experience in Trust & Safety, operational, or risk management roles, 4+ years of work experience in total.
- Experience working strategically with crossfunctional teams, such as product and policy, to create and launch short- and long-term projects.
- Ability to work with data science and analytics teams to measure the success of product and/or process changes and make data-driven decisions.
- Experience with sensitive content issues and moderation, including but not limited to graphic content, offensive or derogatory language, child safety, and other potentially objectionable material.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and make decisions with limited information in high-pressure situations. – Attention to detail, highly self-driven, and results-oriented.
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of abuse trends specific to US cultural norms and sensitivities.
- Experience working with international partners at different time zones
- Bilingual in English and at least one other language (e.g., Mandarin)
- Experience managing complex research projects from ideation to completion
- Exposure to machine-learning and moderation processes.
- Experience working with SQL and advanced proficiency in Excel
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.