Website techvsterrorism Tech Against Terrorism
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 5, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The successful candidate will join Tech Against Terrorism as the first archivist to lead on building the TCAP archive of verified terrorist content. The archive will focus first and foremost on material produced by designated terrorist organisations that we currently alert to tech companies when we detect it on their platforms. The archivist work as part of the TCAP team and will bring best practice from the field of archiving to Tech Against Terrorism and support the creation of policies (such as access, and mental health protection), ethical frameworks, and security practices. They will also be responsible for the tagging, structuring, labelling, and sorting the content before it can be included in the archive. Finally, the archivist will support the expansion plans for the TCAP to help create the world’s largest archive of verified terrorist content.
Please be aware that this role involves exposure to violent, graphic and/or otherwise distressing content. Tech Against Terrorism will provides specialist training and support on both a group and 1-2-1 basis. Applicants are advised to take this into account when applying for this position.
- Bring best practice of the archiving profession to Tech Against Terrorism’s TCAP Archive by implementing frameworks, strategies, and tools for the responsible assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing of the content.
- Lead on the development of an ethical framework that guides the development and use of the TCAP archive
- Categorise, label, and sort the content for the TCAP archive as well as recording the metadata in a consistent manner and with regard to best practice
- Support the TAT team with the development of policies such as access, vetting, and mental health protection
- Maintain up-to-date procedural guidelines for users using the Archive
- Support the TCAP lead on deciding the future direction of the TCAP archive and further inclusion of material
- Demonstrated experience of working in archival institution, company archives, library, or other organisation
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in relevant field
- Fluent in Arabic (reading and writing)
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to analyse and describe complex findings in impeccable English
- Ability to develop and use appropriate record-keeping systems applicable to the archives
- Ability to work meticulously with large volumes of information and deal with several jobs in progress at one
- Ability to work independently with support from relevant teams at Tech Against Terrorism
- Relevant experience of archiving graphic or disturbing content
- Meticulous and consistent: you are able to handle vast amounts of data and record those in a consistent manner.
- Organisation, time management and attention to detail: you are well organised and are able to work on multiple projects to a very high quality
- Problem solving: you are solution oriented and innovative in how you approach challenges and blockers
- Analytical and innovative mindset: you identify gaps in existing processes and suggest improvements by regularly bringing new ideas
- Communication: you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you communicate effectively and diplomatically with both colleagues and external stakeholders
- Expertise: deep interest and demonstrated knowledge in the subject-matter of archiving.
To apply for this job please visit www.techagainstterrorism.org.