Website techvsterrorism Tech Against Terrorism
This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on March 5, 2023. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The successful candidate will join the OSINT team in tracking, analysing and responding to terrorist and violent extremist use of the internet. We are looking to expand our capacity in line with projects we’re working on this year, and particularly build on our in-house language capacity with a candidate who understands Arabic.
The role will involve collecting, collating and analysing publicly available information at scale as well as drafting analytical reports. You will be responsible for conducting online investigations for a variety of our stakeholders including in the public and private sector, and IGOs.
Please note that this role involves exposure to violent, graphic and/or otherwise distressing content; specialist support and training is provided for everyone in the team on both a 1-2-1 and group basis. Applicants are advised to take this into account applying for this position.
- Work on our stakeholder reporting workstream, which provides intelligence analysis on terrorist and violent extremist use of the internet. This is with support and oversight from the OSINT manager.
- Contribute to other OSINT projects for a diverse range of stakeholders including tech companies and public sector organisations; opportunity to lead on projects in future.
- Quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and report drafting on terrorist and violent extremist use of the internet.
- Assisting the OSINT manager with developing in-house policies and best practice.
- Potential to represent Tech Against Terrorism as a speaker at conferences and events globally
- Support the TCAP team with detecting, alerting and archiving terrorist content.
- Carry out ad hoc investigations into specific tech platforms, terrorist entities, networks or incidents, and produce high quality reports based on your findings.
- Administration including drafting project plans, proposals, financial reporting and invoices.
- At least one year of professional OSINT and Social Media Intelligence (SOCMINT) experience focusing on terrorism or violent extremism.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (security, war studies, intelligence, etc).
- Ability to read Arabic script is highly desirable, or willingness to upskill.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to analyse and describe complex findings in impeccable English.
- Demonstrated experience using well-known OSINT and social media analysis tools, and the ability to describe advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Organisation, time management and attention to detail: you are well organised and are able to work on multiple projects to a very high quality.
- Problem solving: you are solution oriented and innovative in how you approach challenges and blockers.
- Strong team player: you thrive working as part of a close knit team. You proactively seek solutions to problems in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Analytical and innovative mindset: you identify gaps in existing processes and suggest improvements by regularly bringing new ideas.
- Communication: you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you communicate effectively and diplomatically with both colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Expertise: deep interest and demonstrated knowledge in the subject-matter, including terrorist use of the internet, OSINT methodologies, operational security, intelligence writing style.
To apply for this job please visit www.techagainstterrorism.org.