This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on February 14, 2022. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What you’ll be doing
- Own documentation and quality assurance of Discord’s scaled anti-spam efforts, and flag potential deviations to relevant stakeholders
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively to create reports and suggestions that improve, optimize, and innovate our scaled anti-spam methods
- Analyze new and potential product features and propose plans to help reduce or remove spammy behavior before it happens
- Manage incoming streams of spam reports and spam-related appeals from users and communities to identify developing patterns of abuse
- Work cross-collaboratively with other teams, including CX, Legal, and Safety Engineering in responding to complex and time-sensitive issues
What you should have
- 2-3+ years experience using data analysis and/or ad-hoc scripting to solve complex problems.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms
- A strong interest in online harm mitigation–you’ve seen how seemingly safe features are abused by bad actors, and understand tradeoffs and risk that come with online interactions
- Previous experience with data analysis and/or scaled quality assurance
- Strong stakeholder management skills––you’re adept at improving processes and know how to leverage the skills of multiple disparate teams
- Excellent communication skills––you can efficiently and eloquently present ideas, updates and results to key stakeholders at various levels
- Experience in process mapping with tools (ex. Lucidchart)
- Familiarity with ticketing systems. (Ex. Zendesk)
- Background in user-facing support roles, such as Trust & Safety or CX.
- High-level understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, probability distributions, relationship between variables)
- Demonstrated interest in anti-spam and/or responsible innovation initiatives
- Proficiency in various data analysis and scripting languages such as SQL, Python, and Git
To apply for this job please visit discord.com.